Benefits of joining AMT
Your AMT membership gives you access to a range of benefits and services. Please download our member benefits brochure to find out how your AMT membership will benefit you.
Develop your skills
AMT offers ongoing professional development opportunities to members at a discounted rate including:
- the AMT National Conference, held every October
- local members' days, workshops and meetings
- workshops by visiting international presenters
Your AMT membership keeps you up to date with developments in the massage therapy profession via:
- the AMT blog
- AMT’s closed Facebook group
- regular email updates and notifications
- the AMT Twitter feed #ramblingamt
- AMT’s public Facebook page.
AMT membership gives you ample opportunities to share information and network with your professional peers through:
- AMT's Facebook group
- AMT member events, workshops, meetings and the annual conference
Be truly represented
As a single modality representative body, you can be confident that your AMT membership fees are solely dedicated to advocating for the massage therapy profession at both a state and national level.
AMT members benefit profoundly from our in-house mentoring scheme, which is designed to support you whether you are relatively new to practice or you have years of experience.
AMT members also benefit from our practice management resources and services including:
- telephone advice
- professional practice guidelines
- promotional materials
- fact sheets
- pro forma client management documents
- discounts to AMT events and workshops
- access to provider numbers with the private health funds
Protect your practice
AMT members have access to discounts on professional indemnity and public liability insurance via our partnership with Fenton Green. However AMT allows you to choose your insurer rather than locking you in to a particular underwriter.
Enhance your reputation
Being an AMT member brings you the professional recognition and credibility of a long-established and respected representative body.