Who is eligible?
Full Practitioner Membership
There are three practitioner levels of membership:
- General Level
- Senior Level One
- Senior Level Two
The qualification criteria for each level of membership is outlined below. Please note to apply for practitioner membership you must be 18 years of age and are also required to provide a national police check to be admitted to AMT. For information about AMT's police check requirements and how to obtain one, please go here.
General level membership is available to graduates who hold the following qualifications:
- HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- HLT40312/07 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
Annual Fees - $85 application fee, $225 per annum
Total cost for new members - $310
Senior Level One
Senior Level One membership is available to graduates who hold the following qualifications:
- HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage
- HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage
- HLT52115 Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Remedial Massage
- HLT50112/07 Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedial Massage (An Mo Tui Na)
- HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
- HLT50212/07 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
Annual Fees - $85 application fee, $275 per annum
Total cost for new members - $360
Senior Level Two
Senior Level Two membership is available to graduates who hold the following qualifications:
- 22316VIC/22248VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy
- 21920VIC/21511VIC Advanced Diploma of Remedial Massage (Myotherapy)
- Advanced Diploma of Health Science (Soft Tissue Therapy)
Annual Fees - $85 application fee, $295 per annum
Total cost for new members - $380
We also invite overseas qualified therapists to contact us for information about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You may find the information in our Overseas Qualifications section helpful too.
If you are transferring your membership from another association you may find the information in our Transferring Associations section helpful.
Annual Fees - $20 application fee, $55 per annum
Community membership is available to:
- retired or non-active AMT professional members
- temporarily non-practising AMT professional members
- non-practising partners of an AMT professional member
- members of the public interested in supporting the AMT.
AMT has maternity leave provisions to assist current members maintain their membership during the period they are not in active practice due to child-rearing. AMT will waive the annual renewal fee for two years during this period.
For more information, please download the maternity membership fact sheet here.